- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
Administrative & Operations Assistant
Employer:End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Resources, the Administrative & Operations Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt position. This position will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of activities for a busy, non-profit office and must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to work under deadlines, in a team environment, and with minimal supervision. Extensive software skills and sensitivity to confidential matters are required.
COMPENSATION: Hourly: $14.50-$15.50. End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer offering an extensive compensation package including salary/hourly wage, paid time off (3 weeks vacation, sick time, personal time, and holidays), short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k, and flexible benefit (currently $10,000/year for full-time/40 hr/week employees) to be applied toward health, dental, vision, 401k and/or salary.
Administrative and Operations Support:
- Provide database support for data entry, maintenance, and report creation (grant related).
- Provide End Abuse Board support including, but not limited to: assistance with board meeting materials preparation, elections, correspondence, and meeting space needs.
- Maintain office equipment and relationships with appropriate vendors.
- Maintain (track, order, distribute) office and kitchen supplies and provide point of contact for building maintenance and cleaning services.
- Maintain product sales records and annual inventory.
- Arrange for space, food and hotel accommodations for staff development, board and office meetings.
End Abuse Program Assistance:
- Assist with END ABUSE website and social media updates.
- Assist with Bi-weekly Updates (educational e-communication) to advocates.
- Assist with copying and assembling of materials for mailings and trainings.
- In collaboration with Program Staff, identify educational resources for advocates.
- Serve as Wisconsin Batterers’ Treatment Provider Association (WBTPA) administrative liaison.
- Make listserv updates as necessary (Directors/Networking)
- Answer incoming calls and direct them to appropriate staff and take messages as necessary.
- Greet and announce visitors.
- Open and distribute daily mail into staff mailboxes.
- Stamp and record all incoming receipts and checks.
- Check answering machine and distribute messages.
- Review End Abuse email inbox and forward technical assistance messages and items of interest.
- Reply to technical assistance questions as appropriate.
- Maintain front of office in neat and orderly fashion.
END ABUSE intern recruitment:
Partner with Director of Resources to develop and maintain a sustainable supply of interns for the organization. This includes Identifying intern needs, matching intern sources that fill identified needs, coordinating intern placements with END ABUSE staff, and managing paperwork requirements, including Emergency Contacts and Confidentiality Agreements. Connect interns with supervisors/mentors.)
Train volunteers with regards to End Abuse mission, vision, history, and general office functioning
This role requires leadership in the development and maintenance of systems and processes that help keep the organization running smoothly. It requires the ability to think beyond the day-to-day, and propose solutions that will allow End Abuse to continuously improve services to members. It also provides the opportunity to enhance the online resources that we provide advocates across the state of Wisconsin.
*Spanish or Hmong language fluency a plus.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit a complete application package, including:
- The END ABUSE application form (attached below),
- A current resume,
- A cover letter,
- A one-page essay describing your understanding of domestic violence, and
- Information about how to contact you for an interview.
For early consideration, you must include all of the above listed information and submit your complete application by July 7, 2014 at 4:30pm CST.
Please send (mail or drop off) your complete application to: End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin/HIRING COMMITTEE - 1245 E Washington Ave., Suite 150, Madison, WI 53703
Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 608.255.3560
*PLEASE READ full job description and check application requirements listed above. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure to complete the Fillable Employment Application FORM which is attached below in two different formats (use whichever format works best for you - either the .pdf OR the .docx).
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, empowerment and social justice.
Deadline for applications:July 7, 2014
Contact:Julie R Fisher