- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
Employer:Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs
Part Time: Weekend/Overnight Advocate
15-16 hours per week including holiday coverage
- Spend one on one time with survivors of domestic violence offering education, support and networking options with other survivors.
- Provide helpline coverage, information, and referrels to survivors.
- Take arrest calls, maintain arrest log and provide legal advocacy as needed.
SHELTER MAINTENANCE AND SECURITY
- Assist with shelter maintanence and upkeep.
- Maintain safety of shelter and its residents.
- Coordinate and process donations as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of issues that impact the choices of survivors and enhance their ability to make those choices in an environment of support.
- Ability to work well with survivors and their children, handle crises appropriately and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of computers and data entry proficiency is desired.
Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In complicance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs will provide reasonable incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Send resume and cover letter by November 21, 2012 to:
720 W. 5th Street
Appleton, WI 54914
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications:November 21, 2012
Contact:Wendy Gehl, email@example.com